[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Mon Oct 13 21:19:04 UTC 2014

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9, Harry Putnam...:

> The error itself:
>
>  root # make sendmail.cf
>  test ! -f sendmail.cf || /usr/bin/mv sendmail.cf sendmail.cf.prev
>  /usr/ccs/bin/m4 ../m4/cf.m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf
>
>  /usr/ccs/bin/m4:sendmail.mc:31 cannot open file: No such file or directory
>  include(../feature/authinfo.m4)
>  make: *** [sendmail.cf] Error 1
>
> Hard to tell what file it is having trouble finding... If I'm reading
> this right, I can find out at line 31 of my sendmail.mc  which says:
>
>  FEATURE(`authinfo',`hash /etc/mail/auth/authinfo')dnl

The easy thing to do would be to remove that line (or comment it out,
remember for m4 it's "dnl") and then try the rebuild.  If it works,
then it's that line.

> I created the directory and the authinfo file and as you see they are
> in place:
>

>    root # ls -l /etc/mail/auth
>  total 82
>  -rw------- 1 root root    66 Oct 13 11:55 authinfo
>  -rw------- 1 root root 81920 Oct 13 16:15 authinfo.db

It could also be a permissions problem.  For debugging only, you could
try opening permissions on those files and that directory.  If that
"fixes" the issue, then you know that it's permission-related, and you
can focus on that.

> Or maybe it is referring to ` /usr/ccs/bin/m4 '  Which is in fact
> absent:
>
>   root # ls -l /usr/css/bin/m4
>  ls: cannot access /usr/css/bin/m4: No such file or directory

It's not "css", it's "ccs".  Try with the correct path and see if it's
present.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)