[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon Oct 13 22:48:48 UTC 2014

Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu> writes:

First, thanks for the patient look at things, aside from making my
look bad for not thinking of what in hindsight now look totally obvious
things to do.  It was very helpful

> The easy thing to do would be to remove that line (or comment it out,
> remember for m4 it's "dnl") and then try the rebuild.  If it works,
> then it's that line.

Bingo... yup its that line.

>> I created the directory and the authinfo file and as you see they are
>> in place:
>>

>>    root # ls -l /etc/mail/auth
>>  total 82
>>  -rw------- 1 root root    66 Oct 13 11:55 authinfo
>>  -rw------- 1 root root 81920 Oct 13 16:15 authinfo.db
>
> It could also be a permissions problem.  For debugging only, you could
> try opening permissions on those files and that directory.  If that
> "fixes" the issue, then you know that it's permission-related, and you
> can focus on that.

That one is ruled out now I guess since I set the directory 777 and
file 666 but still had the same error.

>> Or maybe it is referring to ` /usr/ccs/bin/m4 '  Which is in fact
>> absent:
>>
>>   root # ls -l /usr/css/bin/m4
>>  ls: cannot access /usr/css/bin/m4: No such file or directory

Once again... right on the money.

One more thing I'm checking next is the actual format of the line.
I remember having errors once the source being not having backticks
where they are needed in the stanza lines.  This one looks right in
that regard but I'll find one on someone elses *.mc and compare if I
don't see it in that readme.