[OpenIndiana-discuss] sendmail on oi 151_a9

Claus Assmann ml+openindiana-discuss at esmtp.org
Wed Oct 15 16:22:03 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014, Gary Mills wrote:

>     online         Oct_02   svc:/network/smtp:sendmail
>     online         Oct_02   svc:/network/sendmail-client:default

> I used mailx for my test.  It invokes sendmail to write to the
> client queue.  The client daemon then reads that queue and writes
> to the server queue.  The files will stay there because the server

The client writes to the server queue?

That's a really weird setup... only the server is supposed to
write to that queue.

Which cf file is the client using and what are the values for
QueueDirectory and RunAsUser?
What are the permissions of the QueueDirectory (/var/spool/mqueue)?

$ ls -ldg /var/spool/*queue
drwxrwx---   2 smmsp    smmsp        6144 Oct 15 18:04 /var/spool/clientmqueue/
drwxr-x---   2 smmta    bin          5632 Oct 15 18:07 /var/spool/mqueue/

Is this your svc:/network/sendmail-client:default
smmsp      541  0.0  0.2 6744  936 ?        S   Jul 30  0:19 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m -L sm-msp-queue

If so, it shouldn't be able to write to mqueue.

PS: the simplest way to test what the server does is to use
sendmail -Am ...
(requires root).