[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSXCE

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 08:36:33 UTC 2014

On 09/18/14 09:54 AM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> On 18/09/14 07:04, Nikola M. wrote:
>>

> So much of what he's posting is /so far wide/ of what's acceptable,
> relevant, or appropriate I can only reasonably conclude you haven't
> read any of it.
Yes I did, and people have wide variety of way of describing their
thoughts. Things could be more on topic. nothing else.

> What I don't need is some meandering post on how "we" should handle
> differences of opinion. What I would like, and speaking in agreement
> with Dave above, is for the list moderator or administrator – if
> indeed there is one – to consider further discussion of OpenSXCE
> formally off-topic, except in the specific circumstances summarised by
> Dave, that is, /"features that would be worth re-engineering for
> OpenIndiana//"/.

I fully understand what you requests but I truly think that filtering
ability of sending messages to OI is not good and not needed. Calls for
casting away people are also not great.

I agree there could be more talking about OI and you are free to start
topic,
but I think OpenSXCE story is fully relevant to Openindiana in wider sense.
(also regarding not having it's own mailing list atm)
Casting away people and not letting them to talk on the list list is out
of question. (except spam, fully offtopic)

I also thank you on sharing opinion that OpenSXCE talk is offtopic.
Maybe one day when we grow up and have 50 regular contributors.