[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSXCE

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Sat Sep 20 14:44:05 UTC 2014

On 20/09/2014 8:36 p.m., Nikola M. wrote:

> I agree there could be more talking about OI and you are free to start
> topic,
> but I think OpenSXCE story is fully relevant to Openindiana in wider
> sense.

Would this be the same story we've been hearing ad nauseum for months,
by any chance? That is, "Martin created a distro -> no-one's come to the
party -> he's upset -> he's never going to contributing code -> he's
unsubscribing"?

> Casting away people and not letting them to talk on the list list is
> out of question. (except spam, fully offtopic)

Can you please share for everyone here where the Russian/Ukrainian
conflict falls in your spectrum of "off topic", exactly? Please do so in
the context of an end-user discussion list for a Unix distribution.

> I also thank you on sharing opinion that OpenSXCE talk is offtopic.
> Maybe one day when we grow up and have 50 regular contributors.

You've done nothing to address the fact that other list members are
sufficiently disturbed by Martin's conduct to also call for it to be
off-topic.

> It is true that Martin should be more on topic and not also bashing
> people, but we can't stop people from sending on this list as long at
> least major parts of messages are about software.

Apparently the illumos folks saw this differently enough to do just
that. I'd like to see the same happen here.

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz