[OpenIndiana-discuss] Latest hipster update

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sat Apr 4 11:19:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

After performing a "pkg refresh" "pkg update" to get the latest version
of Hipster. I notice that it did not automatically become the default
boot environment.

When I delibrately booted into this environment I found that Firefox was
broken, in that attempting to modify my router configuration caused
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR to crash when I tried to save the settings. I also
noticed than when I attempted to download automake-1.15.tar.gz from the
GNU ftp site it also caused Firefox to crash.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

As an aside, I have published in the Videolan forums the details of how
I built the dependancy libraries and got VLC to build so far.

Hopefully after getting automake updated to 1.15 I can get rid of the
strerror_l problem , unless strerror_l is going to be supported in IllumOS.