[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi or hipster for ultra5?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Mon Feb 2 00:49:17 UTC 2015

On 02/ 1/15 01:50 PM, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> Jerry Kemp wrote:
>> You have taken it a lot further than I would have.
>>
>> For an Ultra 5 or 10, I probably would not have gone past Solaris 10, and due
>> to your ram being well under 4 Gb, I would stay on UFS vs ZFS.
>>
>> When you say "Solaris 11 install" in reference to this box, do you mean an
>> install of Sun OpenSolaris?
>
> snv_65 is an early development build of Solaris 11 - actually more like Solaris
> 10 than even the earliest Solaris 11 releases.

yep.  Missed that part, and saw it less than 10 minutes after hitting the send
button.   Sun OpenSolaris Nevada build 65.

But I still stick by my comments concerning the system RAM.  If the OP is
committed to this box, now is probably a great time to max out the memory.
Especially if he wants to move forward beyond OpenSolaris Nevada build 65.

Jerry