[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] EFI boot and also Xorg version vs. removal of 32bit modules

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Mar 24 06:24:05 UTC 2015

Martin Bochnig писал 24.03.2015 08:36:
> Also reving up intel and radeon too high (KMS-only).
> Back in 2013 I spent months backporting the then most recent S12
> X11-gate to /usr/X11 plus to AMD64 _and_ IA32, which brought me to the
> conclusion, that Xorg xserver 1.12.2 is the way to go for the next
> years.
> Once I had described these things in detail, but my blog contained to
> much politics and I eventually deleted the entire thing.

Hello, Martin.
Are you interested in integration your KMS work or DRM update to
illumos-gate?

As for EFI boot, I've made some changes to installer which allow
installing OI to EFI-labeled disk.
But they are too rude and require more work (for example, for installin
on partition
of EFI-labeled disk).
---