[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade problem

Thomas Wagner tom-oi-discuss at tom.bn-ulm.de
Mon Nov 16 20:39:53 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 11:16:00PM +0000, Stefan M??ller-Wilken wrote:

> Full 'thumbs up' to all you've said. I admit that I've treated SFE as part of the core.  My bad, I'll fix that following your suggestions and report.

thanks :)

> Regarding maintaining and supporting OI, I know what you mean: I'm always happy to see someone coming back to my NWAM wiki topic. :-)
>
> And I agree there is a lot of room for PR - just alone from looking at the website. :-)
>
> As for contributing packages, I think it would help to have a full tutorial starting wirh preparing a packaging zone, downloading a tgz package from a source repository (e. g. latest tomcat) over creating IPS metadata to packaging and lastly delivering to the maintainers placed on the wiki. There was one for SFE I remember being fairly complex - but we'd need this for dev with the minimum number of steps just to upgrade an existing package... or is this already available somewhere on the net?

Yes, for the SFE part, it has been sitting on the mediawiki of pkgbuild. The Wiki Source
files are still in a safe place (my ZFS disk :) but I got mad of waiting on the sourceforge
hosted  mediawiki install getting hacked after a day.

So if someone has an idea on converting mediawiki pages to a modern wiki, please
let me know very soon, that would help a lot.

Getting a SFE build environment is either by a running a single script called bootstrap-sfe*,
or, the already mentioned longer step guide from the wiki. But that guide is currently locked
in the offline mediawiki pages.

If at least two people raise hands, I'll put up a draft page somewhere which describes the usage
of the boostrap-sfe-* script. Then the build-recipes form the SFE repository can be built
locally. Those recipes usually run on OpenIndiana OI151a[89], Hipster, Solaris 11 (12), OmniOS.
And the LibreOffice for Hipster and Solaris 11 is built from this stack.

Regards,
Thomas