[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade problem

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sun Nov 29 03:51:47 UTC 2015

Hi.

Aurélien Larcher писал 29.11.2015 02:39:
> Hello,
> bringing up the topic again, I think there are two things that should
> be
> documented on the website:
>
> 1) writing about the status regarding possibility to migrate from 151a9
> hipster and known workaround.

In general, it should be possible to update now (see
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Hipster),
but there can be some perculiarities (like packages uppeared in /dev
after split).

> 2) linking to steps describing how to build in zone and contribute to
> oi-userland.

There are several instructions:
- http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+with+oi-userland
- http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Contributing+to+hipster .
- http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+in+zones

Updating them and combining all in one short will be an amusing task.

> I'll resume cherry picking when my workload permits...
> If someone likes it, playing with GTK3
> (http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/GTK3)
> would also be nice.

Yes, GTK3 and Mate would be a huge step forward.
 From other issues I'd mention XNV migration. It's in progress, we have
several major components in oi-userland, but it's far from being
finished.

---