[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox console keyboard

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Apr 12 15:55:40 UTC 2016

12 апреля 2016 г. 16:58:47 CEST, Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon at sonicle.com> пишет:
>Thanks Nikola,
>sorry but maybe I didn't explain very well...
>I mean an illumos host (XStreamOS Desktop, kernel as of October 2015),
>running illumos guests or even linux guests.
>The VirtualBox console of the guest (running on XSOD Desktop, hosting
>the guest) always have wrong keys (e.g. / is on 6,
>all other special characters are unpredictable or not present).
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Sonicle S.r.l.
>:
>http://www.sonicle.com
>Music:
>http://www.gabrielebulfon.com
>Quantum Mechanics :
>http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gabrielebulfon
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Da: Nikola M
>A: Discussion list for OpenIndiana
>Data: 12 aprile 2016 14.17.55 CEST
>Oggetto: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] (no subject)
>On 04/12/16 01:04 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
>Hi,
>anyone here has ever experienced keyboard problems on a VirtualBox
>console running on OI?
>On XStreamOS Desktop, running the VirtualBox graphical configurator to
>run the guest console of another illumos guest,
>I always get a wrong keyboard (actually I don't get what keyboard, it's
>totally wrong).
>Any way to fix this? I'm running VirtualBox 5.0.4.
>Thanks for any help
>Gabriele
>Not sure if I understood right but illumos console by itself has
>problems stopping to display output and not giving new line and that is
>illumos problem by itself (observed on both VT console on hardware and
>inside terminal emulator).
>I can only guess it default locale depends on installation settings,
>what illumos distro are you running as VBox guest? I am on VBox 5.0.16

What do you have as LANG LC_ALL etc. when you start the VM GUI? Is it English, Italian, etc?

Try to start (or wrap) GUI with `LANG=C LC_ALL=C /opt/VirtualBox/VirtualBox` - maybe this will help? At least, similar things influence rdesktop for example...

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android