[OpenIndiana-discuss] setting autofs-props/environment variable

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Mon Aug 8 16:33:36 UTC 2016

On 08/08/2016 18:27, Volker A. Brandt wrote:
> Hi Udo!
>

>> does anyone know how to set more than one environment variable
>> with sharectl autofs-props/environment ?
>>
>> Tried several variants (all one-liners):
>> sharectl set -p environment=
> [...]
>
> Have you tried setting the properties directly in the filesystem/autofs
> SMF service whith svccfg?  Maybe it is easier to specify a list of
> "astrings" in the SMF properties.

That was my first attempt, but for some unknwon reasons that
always gave me a 'syntax error' (svccfg has some loose ends
in its parsing algorithm, sometimes you really don't know
why you get an error at all).
But the comma for sharectl a) works, b) gives an instant
reconfiguration in autofs, which enables me to change one or
more variables on the fly (we need that because our computer
center has an odd opinion how a multi-homed nfs server has to
work....)
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php