[OpenIndiana-discuss] The latest version of OpenSSL and gcc installation

Sakuma, Koshiro bravo.echo.one at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:33:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've just finished installation of OpenIndiana.  The version is SunOS xxx
5.11 illumos-f83b46b i86pc i386 i86pc.
After this, I checked with OpenSSL version, but it is 1.0.2g.  Now, we
should upgrade to 1.0.2h which is the latest one.
I can see the latest one when I typed the command like pkg info -r
openssl.  How can I update this anyway?
The command should be like pkg update openssl?  I tried to do this, but the
message I got was like "there is no image" or something like this.

One more thing, I don't find "gcc" on my system.  I would like to install
gcc4.x.x version.  Actually, the repository is indicating to
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev openindiana.org. How can I find the gcc-4
version and how can I install?

Thank you for your kind support!

Regards,