[OpenIndiana-discuss] HEADS UP: HTTPS available on pkg.openindiana.org

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:49:47 UTC 2016

Hello,

I gave our infrastructure some love and have following announcements:

- HTTPS availability on pkg.openindiana.org <http://pkg.openindiana.org/>

There were some calls to bring HTTPS to the package repository and we have it now. If you want to use it, run the following commands:

pfexec pkg set-publisher -g https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster <https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster> -G http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster <http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster> openindiana.org <http://openindiana.org/>
pfexec pkg set-publisher -g https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered <https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered> -G http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered <http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered> hipster-encumbered

HTTPS is available for all repositories, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get it working from /dev (if there is big enough demand I might have a deeper look on the issue).

- HTTPS availability on www.openindiana.org <http://www.openindiana.org/> / <http://www.openindiana.org/> wiki.openidniana.org <http://www.openindiana.org/wiki.openidniana.org> / <http://www.openindiana.org/wiki.openidniana.org/> mailing <http://www.openindiana.org/wiki.openidniana.org/mailing> list archives

SSL certificates are provided by Let’s Encrypt.

This one should have been available much sooner, but at last we have it now. There were some troubles with mixed content on the Wordpress instance and I made sure and fix as many warnings as possible, so the website should be warning-free now. If you encounter some problem, please let me know.

Cheers,
Adam