[OpenIndiana-discuss] The latest version of OpenSSL and gcc installation

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:38:12 UTC 2016

On 08/09/2016 03:59 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:

>>> After this, I checked with OpenSSL version, but it is 1.0.2g.  Now, we
>>> should upgrade to 1.0.2h which is the latest one.
>>> I can see the latest one when I typed the command like pkg info -r
>>> openssl.  How can I update this anyway?
>>> The command should be like pkg update openssl?  I tried to do this, but
>>> the
>>> message I got was like "there is no image" or something like this.
>>

>> pkg update updates the whole system. There is AFAIK no way to just one
>> package.
>
> If contraints are relaxed you can pkg update a single package.

Looking at the Oracle docs for pkg(1), I see you can do something
similar to the following:

pkg install vim at 7.3.254,5.11-0.174

Or

pkg install vim at latest

And the [pkg update] command looks to accept the very same arguments.

For example:

pkg update vim at 7.3.254,5.11-0.174

Or

pkg update vim at latest

Although pkg update when issued without any arguments will update all
installed packages to their latest available version.

See: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/E21802/gihhp.html

Hope that helps,

Michael