[OpenIndiana-discuss] Windows CIFS Share issue with non-domain joined authentication/MFP Scanners & Upgrade issue to hipster from oi_151a9

IT@Mitutoyo it at mitutoyo.ca
Fri Aug 12 15:31:49 UTC 2016

I have 2 issues currently.

1.       oi_151a9 Server on a domain. When a non domain-joined windows computer accesses \\server they are presented with a listing of shares. When \\server\share is accessed, it prompts for authentication. When \\server\share\folder is accessed, an access denied message appears (Windows cannot access \\server\share\folder). How can I make it so that an authenticated user is required to view \\server. If that happens, I believe it will resolve 2 of my issues - I can't seem to deploy software through Group policies if the software is housed on OI, and more importantly, my MFP printers cannot scan to \\server\share\Scans<file:///\\server\share\Scans>.

2.       When I upgrade from oi_151a9 to hipster, the CIFS shares don't share out the datasets. The datasets are accessible via cmdline as root but are not shared. I last tried 2016-07-25 to do the upgrade via the steps at: https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Hipster

Can anyone help me?

Adam

Click to view our current Flyer<http://www.mitutoyo.ca/product-promotions.html>Mitutoyo offers ISO17025 accredited calibration services. Ask us for Details!
This message is intended for the addressee only. This e-mail (and attachments, if any) is confidential and access by anyone other than the addressee(s) is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, forwarding, or distribution of this e-mail is prohibited and immediate deletion should be effected. We would appreciate your notifying the sender immediately should you become aware of any instances of such occurrence. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
Mitutoyo Canada Inc., 2121 Meadowvale Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 5N1 - Precision is our Profession. http://www.mitutoyo.ca

Cliquez pour afficher notre brochure actuelle en Fran?ais.<http://www.mitutoyo.ca/fr/product-promotions.html> Mitutoyo offre des services d'?talonnage certifi?s selon la norme ISO 17025. Veuillez nous contacter pour plus de d?tails!
Ce courriel (y compris toute pi?ce jointe, le cas ?ch?ant) est de nature confidentielle et ne doit ?tre lu que le ou les r?cipiendaires autoris?s. Si vous n'?tes pas l'un de ces destinataires, sachez que toute divulgation, copie, transmission ou distribution de ce message est interdite. Veuillez donc l'effacer imm?diatement. Nous vous serions aussi gr? d'en aviser imm?diatement l'exp?diteur. Par la pr?sente, nous confirmons que ce message a ?t? examin? et qu'il ne contient aucun virus informatique.
Mitutoyo Canada Inc., 2121 Meadowvale Boulevard, Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 5N1 - La Pr?cision est Notre Profession. http://www.mitutoyo.ca