[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dovecot error on OpenIndiana

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 05:57:27 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 7:46 AM, Sakuma, Koshiro
<bravo.echo.one at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Bob
>
> Thank you so much for your information.  Yes, I could install Dovecot
> successfully!!  I added with "--with-ioloop=poll.
>
> BTW, I have another question about Postfix.  Actually, the latest version
> of Postfix has been bundled on new OpenIndiana.
> But the TLS has not been compiled.  In this case, the best way should be
> installed source from scratch?
> Or is there any idea?!

It seems that Adam packaged Postfix:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/mail/postfix/Makefile

Why not discuss with him the possibility of adding the compilation
flag you need and update the package?
Kind regards,

Aurelien

> Regards,

>> On Sat, 13 Aug 2016, Sakuma, Koshiro wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just finished and done configuration of dovecot 2.2.18.
>>> However, I got error when I started it up as follows.
>>>
>>> anvil: Fatal: epoll_create(): No such file or directory
>>> master: Error: service(anvil): command startup failed, throttling for 2
>>> secs
>>>
>>> When I installed on Solaris 11, it worked without any issues.  But I am
>>> trying to move all systems to OpenIndiana now.
>>>
>>> Could you please let me know about some hints.
>>>

>> The key here is to add the --with-ioloop=poll configuration option.  I
>> used these options to configure (over and above whatever omnios-build adds
>> by default):
>>
>>     --sysconfdir=/etc
>>     --localstatedir=/var
>>     --mandir=$PREFIX/man
>>     --enable-static=no
>>     --with-ioloop=poll
>>     --with-gssapi=plugin
>>     --without-ldap
>>     --with-sql=plugin
>>     --with-sqlite
>>     --with-zlib
>>     --with-bzlib
>>     --without-libwrap
>>     --with-ssl=openssl
>>
>> The alternative to not using --with-ioloop=poll is to change the dovecot
>> configuation not to use chroot since it is chroot which is breaking
>> epoll_create().  I decided that chroot is good.
>>
>> Bob
>> --
>> Bob Friesenhahn
>> bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/