[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Drivers For My Wireless Network Device

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 19 13:19:19 UTC 2016

the outsider wrote:
> And this one seems to have it working too:
> http://www.renatomorano.net/?p=291

This was a 32-bit driver for Broadcom, which I used
as a base for the 64-bit one. The closed-source driver
used SSE2 instructions which are not allowed in an
OpenIndiana driver.

> Funny thing is that Peter dribble is mentioned in that page. He's on this
> list too?
>
> And I found this:
> https://thestaticvoid.com/post/2011/06/09/wireless-802-1x-support-in-solaris
> /
>
> ( I can remember that I had a laptop once where I installed OI on. It worked
> with WPA out of the box for as far as I can remember)

The components needed for WPA (wpad, net80211, etc.) are
available on OpenIndiana, but they do not support WPA2.

I was saying that the NDIS5 drivers cannot be interfaced
with the OpenIndiana WPA components. If it worked for
you out of the box, this had to be over a native driver,
not a proprietary one for Windows (and I see no reference
to Broadcom in your quoted page).

Jean-Pierre