[OpenIndiana-discuss] boot failure

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 15:58:11 UTC 2016

Hi,
" have an old netbook where I had installed OpenSolaris and later on
I had upgraded to the second release of OpenIndiana. The system is a
bit slow (it has an atom processor) but it is OK for basic things.
Recently, I downloaded the latest OpenIndiana DVD, the one with MATE +
KMS, and I tried to boot from the DVD. The process stops while detecting
the mouse and this is really strange. See the following URL"
We noticed this and working on the fix. Which netbook do you have? You initially tested withHipster 2016.04 ISO ??

Your screenshot is gone from that website, but I saw it before it was deleted...
~K

I have an old netbook where I had installed OpenSolaris and later on
I had upgraded to the second release of OpenIndiana. The system is a
bit slow (it has an atom processor) but it is OK for basic things.
Recently, I downloaded the latest OpenIndiana DVD, the one with MATE +
KMS, and I tried to boot from the DVD. The process stops while detecting
the mouse and this is really strange. See the following URL

https://img42.com/T3ViR

for an image that shows exactly where it stopped. BTW, I have tried the
same DVD on a Desktop system where I installed the previous release of
/hipster with no problem. Again the system stopped. I did not have time
to check where it stopped, but I can check the day after tomorrow. Is
this a problem related to hardware, software, what? Any suggestion/idea/help
would be appreciated.

A.S.