[OpenIndiana-discuss] how to remove loader and get back to grub

Maurilio Longo maurilio.longo at libero.it
Thu Dec 1 14:27:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

are there instructions somewhere on how (given that I hope that it is
possible) to remove bsd loader from Hipster 2016.10 after it already installed
itself?

I have a mirrored rpool where the update to 2016.10 has installed loader on
the first disk even if this is not a whole disk (from release notes I was
under the wrong impression it would not do this to me :)).

I've made several attempts to upgrade the second disk to loader following
these instructions

	https://www.openindiana.org/2016/09/28/loader-integration/

But I can't boot my system from the second disk, it traps with a

	spa_import_rootpool: error 5

when the first disk is not visible anymore.

I'm pretty sure it was working with grub and so I'd like to revert this change
if it is possible.

Thanks.

Maurilio.