[OpenIndiana-discuss] how to remove loader and get back to grub

Maurilio Longo maurilio.longo at libero.it
Fri Dec 2 13:50:49 UTC 2016

It's pretty easy.

1) add to /rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst the missing BE(s)
2) # installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c?t?d?s0
3) repeat 2) for the other boot disk (I have a mirrored rpool)
4) add BE_HAS_GRUB=true inside /etc/default/be

Now I can boot from either of my boot disks if I remove one or the other.

This confirms, IMHO, that the bsd loader is not ready, since it can only boot
from the disk your system was installed to (at least in a case like mine were
I'm not using a whole disk for the rpool).

Regards.

Maurilio.