[OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADS UP] Ruby 1.9 is obsolete

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Dec 2 19:18:02 UTC 2016

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADS UP] Ruby 1.9 is obsolete,...:

> It worked in my limited testing.
> Report bugs, and we'll fix them. Anyway, we currently ship only Ruby 2.2 and
> 2.3.
> I'm not going to do major puppet bump now.

I wouldn't expect or even want you to.  v4 is a big change.

This does bring up a question I've been meaning to ask, though.

When there's a language (like, ruby, perl, python, etc.) where OI includes
multiple versions, is there any "supported" method for a system
administrator to choose which version is the default, similar to the
alternatives(8) system on Debian-derived and RHEL-derived Linux systems?

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)