[OpenIndiana-discuss] new install vertical line in display

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 16:28:58 UTC 2016

> There is a new version of drm/i915 currently in testing for OI.
> Could you try one of the following images and see if it improves the
> situation?

Hello,

First of all, it is really good that work goes on this. It is of course
sad that a distro develops a kernel driver while the kernel people have...
other priorities... At any rate.

I have tested this image on a system where the previous version failed but this
one booted just fine and the GUI came up just fine. I have noticed that when
one wants to change the screen resolution, the screen goes for a few seconds

as if one has vertigo, but then the resolution changes. On Monday, I will test
again the system and I will send Xorg.0.log

A.S.