[OpenIndiana-discuss] new install vertical line in display

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 16:04:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Linux mate user here new to OpenIndiana/Solaris. Just installed on my Dell
> Latitude e5420 laptop.

Your graphic adapter should be Intel HD 2000/3000, is it correct?

> During the graphical install i had a flashing vertical line about a half
> inch from the right side of the display. I was hoping it would go away once
> the os was installed, but it is still there. Not a game changer, but
> annoying just the same. Is this a known bug?

Sandy Bridge chipset support in drm/i915 currently shipped by Hipster is
not complete.
In particular it misses backports of some fixes which were committed later
in the Linux tree >= 2014: most notably workarounds of hw bugs and edid
updates.

There is a new version of drm/i915 currently in testing for OI.
Could you try one of the following images and see if it improves the
situation?

http://dlc-int.openindiana.org/hipster/20161207/

In any case your can open a ticket:

https://www.illumos.org/projects/openindiana

and attach /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Thank you

Aurélien

> Is there a work around? Thanks for any info.
> peace
> bill

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings