[OpenIndiana-discuss] Testing updates from /dev to /hipster-2015 and /hipster

bentahyr at chez.com bentahyr at chez.com
Mon May 9 22:13:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

Today I started to the update from 151a9 to hipster (without hipster-2015 stage).
I followed the same process than the one I described before :
1 - Create a BE to start and boot to it :
# beadm create -a Openindiana-HipUpdate-S1
# reboot

2 - remove all packages from external repositories (like SFE/SFE-encumbered but SFWpackages as well) :
# pkginfo | grep SFW
# pkgrm SFW[whatevername]
# pkg uninstall --be-name Openindiana-HipUpdate-S2 `pkg list -v | egrep sfe | cut -d" " -f1`

3 - Reboot to new env Openindiana-HipUpdate-S2

4 - Remove external IPS publishers :
# pkg unset-publisher sfe
# pkg unset-publisher sfe-encumbered

5 - Change publisher to Hipster 2015
# pkg set-publisher -g http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster -G http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev openindiana.org
# pkg refresh --full
# pkg update --be-name OpenIndiana-Latest

But the latest fails due to a bunch of pkg list |grep '0\.151\.1\.' packages.

So it is not possible right now to update directly from /dev to /hipster

Best regards.
Ben