[OpenIndiana-discuss] cannot update system

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Tue Nov 1 17:12:15 UTC 2016

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] cannot update system, Apostolos...:

>> This has been discussed on the list multiple times, and it's described
>> in the release notes, in one of the very first sections:
>>
> Probably I wasn't paying much attention :-(
> But after applying the work-around I managed to
>
> update the system but I did not get MATE, the
>
> latest Xorg and my gcc has not been updated.

How to install MATE is literally the next section in the Release Notes,
after the one that covers how to fix the update problem.

PS: the reason that the Xorg update was not included is described way
at the end of the release notes.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)