[OpenIndiana-discuss] Latest hipster ZFS send/creation issues.

Hetrick, Joseph P joseph-hetrick at uiowa.edu
Wed Nov 2 15:32:33 UTC 2016

To reply to my own message.

  I just noticed there was a recent iso, so we quick tested that to discount any oddball issue with pkg update –v’ing a 4/16 host to current.  I should point out that a fresh ISO exhibits this behavior as well; again at version illumos-2016291.  My concerns would be some sort of filesystem level metadata corruption that has been introduced somewhere between 8/16 and this point.  I think I would be very concerned if I were creating filesystems in a  mixed-version envirionment and expecting to replicate them.

I can provide more detail, but, basically these are vanilla fs’s created with defaults.  We aren’t setting any properties; and I’ve even tried unsetting properties, such as compression and checksumming.  The sends are vanilla zfs send, noptions to receives with only the –v option and a target.

Does anyone have any input/ideas?

Thanks,

Joe