[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Hipster 2016.10 snapshot

Predrag Zečević predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Nov 2 19:15:59 UTC 2016

Am 02.11.2016 um 20:08 schrieb Tim Mooney:
> In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] OI Hipster 2016.10 snapshot,
> Alexander...:
>
>> OI Hipster 2016.10 snapshot is ready.
>
>> Release notes: http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/2016.10+Release+notes
>
> I was already running hipster (last updated about a month ago) so my
> experience is with an update, not a fresh install.
>
> The update went without any issues.  The only "problem" I've run into
> with 2016.10 is that library/audio/gstreamer/plugin/{bad,ugly,ffmpeg}
> haven't been updated in hipster-encumbered yet, so Rhythmbox isn't
> terribly useful right now.  I assume those plugin packages will eventually
> get a refresh.
>
> After updating to 2016.10 and rebooting, I then installed MATE,
> since I hadn't done that yet.  There was one warning from install:
>
> DOWNLOAD                                PKGS         FILES    XFER (MB)
> SPEED
> Completed                              67/67   29027/29027  199.4/199.4
> 699k/s
>
> WARNING: menu.lst file /rpool/boot/menu.lst does not exist,
>          generating a new menu.lst file
>

> I assume that's because of the switch from grub to loader, and that it
> can safely be ignored?  If so, should I update the release notes in the
> wiki to mention that?
>
> I like MATE a lot, and it's an easy transition from the old desktop.  I
> used the graphical environment switcher on the login screen to go back to
> the old environment a couple times, to figure out customizations I had
> made to things like terminal profiles, keyboard layout, etc.
>
> I also uninstalled openoffice and followed the directions in the release
> notes to install libreoffice.  However, if I try launch any of the
> components from the Applications menu, the splash loads but the
> application does not start.
>
> Here's what happens when I try run from the command line:
>
> $ libreoffice4.4 ld.so.1: soffice.bin: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libvcllo.so: symbol
> _ZNSt8__detail15_List_node_base7_M_hookEPS0_: referenced symbol not found
>

> I'm not finding too many web results that are close to this, but the
> little info I have found leads me to believe this may be related to Java.
> I'll do some additional digging and see if I can figure out what's causing
> this.
>
> Overall, the 2016.10 upgrade and the addition of MATE are welcome
> advances!
>
> Tim

Hi Tim,

I had problem with libreoffice (LO) after SFE has changed gcc location.
Had to uninstall LO (together with related packages) and install it from
scratch. See http://sfe.opencsw.org/comment/175#comment-175 and comments
above. Now it works fine.

HTH

Best regards.
Predrag Zečević
--
Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!