[OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADS UP] Python 2.6 is obsolete

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Oct 6 13:07:02 UTC 2016

On 10/ 5/16 05:54 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm glad to announce that finally python 2.6 is obsolete. There's no
> actual packages, depending on python 2.6, left in OpenIndiana /hipster
> and /hipster-encumbered repositories.
> When you update your systems, python 2.6 packages will be automatically
> uninstalled.

Hi ALP,

I have tried to update zone ($Zone variable contains its name):
$ pfexec zoneadm -z $Zone halt
$ pfexec pkg -R /export/Zones/$Zone/root update -v

And got this error (might be also related to Python version changes):

zone '$Zone': zone is already halted
Creating Plan (Checking for conflicting actions): -  Packages to remove: 12
  Packages to install: 15
   Packages to update: 77
Rebuild boot archive: No

pkg update: The following packages all deliver file actions to
usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/libbe_py.so:

pkg://openindiana.org/library/python-2/libbe-27@0.5.11,5.11-2016.0.0.1:20160817T193304Z

pkg://openindiana.org/install/beadm@0.5.11,5.11-2016.0.1.15899:20161005T010132Z

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

The following packages all deliver file actions to
usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/64/libbe_py.so:

pkg://openindiana.org/library/python-2/libbe-27@0.5.11,5.11-2016.0.0.1:20160817T193304Z

pkg://openindiana.org/install/beadm@0.5.11,5.11-2016.0.1.15899:20161005T010132Z

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

How to fix this problem?

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!