[OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADS UP] Python 2.6 is obsolete

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:17:34 UTC 2016

Doesn't that make it impossible to keep python 2.6 there along python 2.7?
I thought "obsolete" tells IPS there's no need for that ever to exist anymore.
I'm not sure that's quite the situation here, if you have something
that actually wants python 2.6 (even if nothing in the base OS needs
it anymore).