[OpenIndiana-discuss] SFW Packages left for migration

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:51:19 UTC 2016

> Both your links are hidden treasures. But how should a newcomer find them?

This was just a work-in-progress intended to be polished for the
announcement of OpenIndiana Docs.
If anyone has time and feels like copying my notes to the Wiki then it
would be nice.
Just (below) zero time available right now ...

> Building in a zone has some pros and cons. For me one of the pros is that
> I can
> move my build env easily to a new machine. And yes, there is some burden.
> If it is not recommended, it should be stated somewhere. Otherwise some
> might
> fall into this trap...

For "casual" packaging on non-critical systems and provided that you can
create backup BE, I really do not see the point in using a zone; especially
when zones can fail to update or get stuck at unmount and become a
nightmare for non-experienced people.

Kind regards

Aurélien

> Regards,