[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] Thunerbird 45.3.0

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Oct 18 13:49:23 UTC 2016

On 10/18/16 02:24 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi, men.
>
> Do you have any positive/negative reports on TB testing?

Hi ALP;

it looks like works - I did not experienced any crash since installation.

Introduction:
* I was already using TB 45.2.0 from
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.2.0/contrib/solaris_tarball/
which worked also fine (OK, enigmail does not, bur the rest /few
add-ons/ behave quiet good).
* Then, on same site, I have found 45.4.0 which was compiled against
some old glibc - so it dies on start (also, stuck with 45.2 - 45.3 was
not uploaded there)
* Did have switched to that contributed package log time ago:
$ ls -ald .thunderbird*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 predrag_zecevic admin 15 Oct 18 09:19 .thunderbird ->
.thunderbird-45
drwx------ 3 predrag_zecevic admin  4 Jun 17  2015 .thunderbird-38
drwx------ 3 predrag_zecevic admin  4 Jun 17  2015 .thunderbird-45

and cannot compare OI 38 against OI 45 version - but can give compare
judgment (w/o doing any truss or debugging - I know that is not proper
method) of versions coming from Mozilla ftp (45.2) against OI userland
(45.3):

# w/o any measuring OI version is kinda slower - need longer time to
start up and sometimes connecting to mail server last longer
# there were no H/W updates on PC, or other load related changes on in
between switch of those 2 versions; also no new add-ons were added
# spellchecking is also slower, but works
# unfortunately, I have currently not too much time to do proper testing
- and also I am not sure how v38 would be comparable with v45 (even if I
start TB w/o add-ons) since OI /hipster has changed a lot in meantime.
# I can truss TB and send file to you if that can help

Thanks.
Best regards/Привет
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!