[OpenIndiana-discuss] [CFT] Thunerbird 45.3.0

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Oct 18 14:48:48 UTC 2016

On 10/18/16 04:49 PM, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
> # w/o any measuring OI version is kinda slower - need longer time to
> start up and sometimes connecting to mail server last longer
> # there were no H/W updates on PC, or other load related changes on in
> between switch of those 2 versions; also no new add-ons were added
> # spellchecking is also slower, but works
> # unfortunately, I have currently not too much time to do proper testing
> - and also I am not sure how v38 would be comparable with v45 (even if I
> start TB w/o add-ons) since OI /hipster has changed a lot in meantime.
> # I can truss TB and send file to you if that can help

You can test
pkg://userland/mail/thunderbird/plugin/thunderbird-lightning@45.3.0,5.11-2016.0.1.0:20161018T091336Z
and
pkg://userland/mail/thunderbird@45.3.0,5.11-2016.0.1.0:20161018T091341Z
. They were compiled with '-O2', but I'm not sure this will make them
significantly faster.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,