[OpenIndiana-discuss] fresh hipster install important tool no workee

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 01:58:49 UTC 2016

On 10/25/2016 02:15 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
=

> Yes I was able to get a working system from this ISO in three
> VirtualBox instances last month.
> Each of them has 3GB RAM and 24GB disk.

That's about what I would recommend for resources when running OI as a
virtual guest with a GUI. Although in practice it's worked for me with
as little as 2GB. Though on bare metal I have seen pkg burn through the
RAM and swap file and then crash when given so little memory.

Also, I believe the command 'pkg image-update -v' has been deprecated in
favor of 'pkg update -v'. That could be the problem as well.

Michael