[OpenIndiana-discuss] fresh hipster install important tool no workee

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Oct 30 01:28:11 UTC 2016

Aurélien Larcher <aurelien.larcher at gmail.com> writes:

harry wrote:
>> I used this iso: oi-hipster-gui-20160421.iso

>> Am I wasting my time with the mentioned iso... is there a more recent
>> one?
>
> Yes testing ISOs have been announced
> https://www.openindiana.org/2016/08/16/mate-and-new-test-isos/

Thanks, looking at the directory there, I see
OI_minimal_experimental.iso among them.

It appears to be only about 100MB smaller.

Is that with no X or do you know what is meant by minimal?

Harry wrote:
>> Are folks generally able to get a working system straight away from
>> the iso mentioned above?

Aurélien replied:
> Yes I was able to get a working system from this ISO

Are you speaking of oi-hipster-gui-20160421.iso or one from the url
you mentioned above

>in three VirtualBox instances last month.
> Each of them has 3GB RAM and 24GB disk.

Well that is encouraging.  Probably an indicator that most of my
troubles are pilot error and dimwittedness.