[OpenIndiana-discuss] [HEADS UP] OpenOffice was dropped from OI Hipster

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 13:55:17 UTC 2016

> Due to long standing issue with saving documents in different formats
> (https://www.illumos.org/issues/5210), which noone was able to fix and a
> big support burden required to do it, today I've marked Apache
> OpenOffice as deprecated. Users are recommended to use libreoffice from
> SFE localhostoih repository.

Wise decision! The OpenOffice people do not care at all about OpenIndiana/Solaris.
I have repeatedly told them to make certain changes required to at least compile
on our platform but they insist that the compiler should be some ancient version
of Sun Studio. The LibeOffice people accepted all changes and included all patches.

Regards,

A.S.