[OpenIndiana-discuss] about VT-x or AMD-v on HP-wx8600 workstation

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:17:51 UTC 2016

Hello there,

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01316837

My research points me to the BIOS setup screen (F10 on boot), choosing
Security, OS Security, Intel Virtualization instructions.

My only other thought on why you can't find the option is that the CPU
might not support VT-x instructions.

" 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the
first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we’re all
episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith
- Kent, Washington (metropolitan Seattle area)