[OpenIndiana-discuss] Nobody for whom OI/Hipster Mate on i915/KMS is working fine wants to report?

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 14:23:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

As I reported yesterday I have tested the live DVD on a system that has an Intel processor.
The system is running a pre-KMS version of Xorg where the i915 is working. Here are the details:

node name:                          display
Vendor:                             Intel Corporation
Device:                             Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
Sub-Vendor:                         ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
binding name:                       pci8086,42
devfs path:                         /pci at 0,0/display at 2
bus addr:                           2
pci path:                           0,2,0
compatible name:                    (pci8086,42.1043.8383.18)(pci8086,42.1043.8383)(pci1043,8383)(pci8086,42.18)(pci8086,42)(pciclass,030000)(pciclass,0300)
driver name:                        i915
instance:                           0
driver state:                       Attached
ddi-no-autodetach:                  1
fm-errcb-capable:                   TRUE
fm-ereport-capable:                 TRUE
primary-controller:                 1
ddi-kernel-ioctl:                   TRUE
pci-msi-capid-pointer:              90
acpi-namespace:                     _SB_.PCI0.GFX0
assigned-addresses:                 83001010
reg:                                1000
compatible:                         pci8086,42.1043.8383.18
model:                              VGA compatible controller
power-consumption:                  1
fast-back-to-back:                  TRUE
devsel-speed:                       0
interrupts:                         1
max-latency:                        0
min-grant:                          0
subsystem-vendor-id:                1043
subsystem-id:                       8383
device_type:                        display
unit-address:                       2
class-code:                         30000
revision-id:                        18
vendor-id:                          8086
device-id:                          42

When I try the live DVD on this machine I see a black screen.
In the file driver_aliases that Martin supplied ther was the
following entry:

i915 "pci8086,42"

I guess but I am not sure that the graphics hardware should work.
Is there anything I can do to help resolve this problem?

A.S.