[OpenIndiana-discuss] No desktop after pkg update

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 07:36:54 UTC 2016

Hey Francis

What you see in the Boot Menu is a feature called BootEnvironments or BE
for short.

It is Illumos's Mechanism for Atomic updates.
In short the entry OI hipster is the un updated version of your machine
and openindiana-1 is the BE with the newest updates installed.

For more information see beadm(1m) and linked manpages.

Greetings
Till