[OpenIndiana-discuss] ntfs-3g

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Mon Sep 26 07:07:54 UTC 2016

Hi Jean-Pierre,

yes, that's what I meant:

A) He came across an exFAT _probably photo/video SDXC) card or "device".

B) The same fuse software where ntfs-3g was taken and ported from also supports exFAT.
And it was already ported by some Russian youngster to Solaris-sparc years ago, all we need to do is to rewrite (primarily the missing Makefiles) to make it function on x86/x64 Solaris.

Here the link I posted, this time its exFAT subfolder (I forked it 3 weeks ago and got it mostly built on x64) :

https://github.com/OpenSXCE-org/solaris-sparc-fuse/tree/master/fuse-exfat

The other link I posted:

https://twitter.com/opensxce/status/771914482733969408

brings us to a lengthy description in Russian how he thinks we should build his gate.
Here the link I referred there (takes a while to load) :
http://www.tune-it.ru/web/myaut/home/-/blogs/%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BB%D1%8F%D0%B5%D0%BC-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B6%D0%BA%D1%83-ntfs-exfat-%D0%B2-solaris-11

Googling shows that other OS's have it working for ages already:

fuse exfat
https://www.google.de/search?q=fuse+exfat&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=SsjoV7_dL4bA6ATjlonoDA

I originally wanted to post this as official Illumos RFE just before they decided to illegally ban me again (after 2 weeks of letting me post something, after 3 earlier years of complete blockade).

So yes, I worked on it already and as I believe Hipster needs it still (let's forget the rest) - sure, after VBox5 and the agpgart fix (for i915 on <= gen5), I can resume this to get the remainder completed.
I'm glad if somebody joins in as I'm already on a 10fold load with the other projects (as scratched on in  https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2016-September/019609.html ).

Regards,
%martin