[OpenIndiana-discuss] ntfs-3g

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Mon Sep 26 07:21:03 UTC 2016

You are welcome, I'm glad I could help.
BTW In theory I agree myself with your proposal to have ntfs devices automounted.
But this would also automount huge ntfs hdd's on dual-boot systems.
(Although: I think the rmvolmgr is smart enough to distinguish "mobile" devices from fixed storage).
It would be similary to force-import / automount all zfs pools on a system (as on some other ZFS platforms).

Are you 100% sure we want that?
No, perhaps not.

However, with exFAT this problem doesn't exist, as exFAT will only reside on some removable media.
Hence _after_ we do have fuse-exFAT support functioning well on Hipster, let's think again about your proposal, but for exFAT rather than for ntfs (or lets say: for *both*, but milited to USB storage aka "mobile devices").

regards,
%martin, East-Berlin