[OpenIndiana-discuss] NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE GPU not supported on hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Sep 29 16:18:26 UTC 2016

On 09/29/16 07:00 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:

> Out of curiosity what are the constraints tied to such kernel modules?
> What makes it different from pre-install/post-install stages with
> Virtualbox for instance?

Kernel modules will be part of boot archive. So I'm not sure links will
work here. Moreover, different modules have different set of supported
pci ids. IPS will not handle this. I mean, it can, but this means these
packages will be exclusive, you can't install them simultaneously.

If we agree that one system can't have pkg:/* installed, it becomes more
easy. Also note, that some newer drivers could depend on libvdpau, so we
have one more conflict - libvdpau/older nvidia driver.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,