[OpenIndiana-discuss] NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE GPU not supported on hipster

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 10:27:32 UTC 2016

Hi Jean,
Ref: http://http.download.nvidia.com/solaris/304.132/NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-304.132.run

I've suggested Nvidia 304.132 for any testing with your card.
Thanks,Ken.

    On Friday, September 30, 2016 1:01 AM, Jean-Pierre André <jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

 Hi Martin,

Мартин Бохниг via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>> The more recent NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-304.131.run crashes with
>> Hipster 2016.
>
> Why? Where? When? How? Backtrace?

This is the kind of things I have no knowledge as to how to
get more information about. I am not a system developer.
After I installed the driver, I could not boot any more, and
I had to restore the system from the backup. I do not remember
whether I could boot in single user mode.

I might retry, but you have to tell me how to extract the
data you want from a computer which does not boot (using a
live-CD, copying some file to a fat-formatted USB key or
through the network, etc.)