[OpenIndiana-discuss] NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE GPU not supported on hipster

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 30 12:34:27 UTC 2016

Hi Ken

ken mays via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Hi Jean,
> Ref: http://http.download.nvidia.com/solaris/304.132/NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-304.132.run
>
> I've suggested Nvidia 304.132 for any testing with your card.
> Thanks,Ken.

It works (similarly to the older NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-304.125.run
which I was using).

The colors are still bad on Firefox (something wrong with red),
but if I look at the font color menu on OpenOffice, I get
a correct display of colors.

Also the brightness setting (defined and saved by Nvidia
preference settings) is not applied when the driver initializes.
I have to start the preference setting manually to restore
my settings (I need not set the settings again, just start
the tool and quit).

Jean-Pierre