[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot install vbox on new hipster install

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Apr 13 05:23:32 UTC 2017

Yes, look at omnios discuss, I ran into the same issue.

https://www.mail-archive.com/omnios-discuss@lists.omniti.com/msg08090.html

basically the answer is this:

         build# pkgtrans VirtualBox-5.1.18-SunOS-amd64-r114002.pkg . all
         Transferring <SUNWvbox> package instance
         build# rm SUNWvbox/install/checkinstall
         build# sed -i /checkinstall/d SUNWvbox/pkgmap
         build# pkgadd -d . SUNWvbox

So far it has been working OK with the binary, but I don't know about
the GUI, because Omnios doesn't have a gui.

Also remember to add the following to the /etc/system file and reboot,
or your VM will cause a system panic.

set disable_smap=1

At some point Martin was building a package specifically for hipster,
but I don't know what state that is in anymore.

https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2016-September/019531.html

Have a great day!!

Geoff