[OpenIndiana-discuss] RAM/CPU usage and ZFS send/receive

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Apr 15 14:21:43 UTC 2017

Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> writes:

> On 04/ 9/17 04:18 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> PS - I'm on 151_9 getting it ready to reinstall from hipster.. not on
>> it because I want to continue using it.  But thanks for the comments
>> on that as well.
>>
>> I may take up the hardware talk again once I've successfully got
>> hipster installed.... but where?
>
> Nevermind, just shoot with questions. We definitively are the "OI
> everything" place :P E.G. no other place but this :P
>
> My suggestion was about subject only.
> I was just under impression that updating hardware itself got to be
> explained somewhere in hardware manual or something, you got really
> see manual for your hardware first for exchanging RAM etc.

What I was asking was what I might expect in performance by doubling
ram.

I doubt that is in the hardware manual... it would only be learned
from experience and I hoped someone here would have done something
like that and be able to say what difference they saw.

Thanks for the input and the many other helpful posts of yours.