[OpenIndiana-discuss] metainit service not running

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Apr 15 23:22:15 UTC 2017

> Hi Brogyi
>
> Could it be that you ran into https://www.illumos.org/issues/7797?
> Is your Installation up to date?
> Would be interesting to know if that is the case.

Excuse me barging in but I hit that issue on boot up with at least 2
hipster hosts.. one hardware 1 vm

Both are thoroughly up to date last week and updated today to make
sure.

I haven't payed much attention to it since the service is something I
don't currently have need of.  I just assumed it would go away sooner
or later.

svcs -xv

svc:/system/metainit:default (SVM initialization)
 State: maintenance since April 15, 2017 12:01:37 PM EDT
Reason: Start method failed repeatedly, last exited with status 127.
   See: http://illumos.org/msg/SMF-8000-KS
   See: man -M /usr/share/man -s 1M metainit
   See: /var/svc/log/system-metainit:default.log
Impact: This service is not running.