[OpenIndiana-discuss] sas2ircu ::::WAS::::: Re: identify drive

Hetrick, Joseph P joseph-hetrick at uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 17 14:53:37 UTC 2017

I think it’ll depend on what your controller speaks.  We have some sas3 stuff.  I’ve had to poke around to find versions of sas2 and/or sas3ircu tools that will play properly (I’m not remembering the exact issue—but something makes me think I had trouble talking to cards with very new Avago/LSI firmware with very very old versions of the sas2 tools from LSI).

There are also the sg3utils package.  We’ve got a bit of a failsafe system where we’ll either use sas2ircu to flick a LED on, or, we’ll build a session map using sg_vpd and then use sg_ses to turn the LED on, in case sas2ircu fails.

I’d have to dig through my notes; but I know that we pulled all of our sasutils stuff direct from LSI, I wasn’t aware of the github page you’ve referenced and will check it out.

Joe