[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS on Openindiana vs ZFS on oracle linux

Andrew Gabriel illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 17:58:43 UTC 2017

That would be any Illumos-based distro, FreeBSD (and FreeNAS), Ubuntu,
and maybe Gentoo.

I looked on the Oracle Linux web pages and blog, and there's no mention
of ZFS anywhere.
The Oracle Linux folks were very anti ZFS because they developed BTRFS
and saw ZFS as a competitor, although I think the BTRFS development team
is now mainly at Facebook.