[OpenIndiana-discuss] dell r730xd + SATA

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Sat Apr 29 01:04:12 UTC 2017

We worked around this issue in the R730xd by putting the SATA SSDs in the
rear drive cage, and then the 2.5" SAS HDDs in the front 24 slots.  Of
course, this only works if two SATA SSDs is enough (we use them for
log/cache only).

BTW, SAS SSDs are super expensive, at least for this non-profit org.

Regards,

Marion